Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Marc Jacobs debuts colourful make-up line - with products named after his tattoos


Marc Jacobs has teamed up with Sephora to launch a colorful cosmetics collection featuring 122 products, some of which will be unisex.
The new Marc Jacobs Beauty line, moderately priced between $24 for a lip balm and $59 for a seven-color eye shadow palette, will debut on August 9th at Sephora and select Marc Jacobs stores.
'I’m surprised by how delighted I am with the results,' the 50-year-old designer told WWD. 'Now I want to see what the customer thinks. That’s the ultimate.'



Marc Jacobs make-up: The designer has teamed up with Sephora to launch a colorful cosmetics collection featuring 122 products, some of which will be unisex


The line includes four categories: Smart Complexion (foundations, concealer, powder), Blacquer (eyeliner, lash lifter, gel crayon), Hi-Per Color (lipsticks, blush, eye shadow, bronzer, nail polish), and Boy Tested, Girl Approved (unisex options of lip balm, brow gel, and concealer) .


And the name of each boldly colored product seems to be as provocative as the designer himself
Helping hands: Mr Jacobs, who is rumored to be leaving his post at Louis Vuitton, credits his team's help in finalizing the new beauty line
Helping hands: Mr Jacobs, who is rumored to be leaving his post at Louis Vuitton, credits his team's help in finalizing the new beauty line
Shameless is a $30 blush inspired by Mr Jacobs’ tattoo; Lovemarc is a $30 gel lipstick available in 16 shades  - all named after his favorite movies; and Style Eye-Con is a palette of dark eye shadows.
'To me "Shameless" is just an aspiration,' explained the designer. 'Whether it’s wearing a lace dress with a pair of boxer shorts or whether it’s taking off my clothes for a magazine or whether it’s admitting to my flaws or having a hair transplant, I’m not ashamed of what I do.'
Mr Jacobs, who is rumored to be leaving his post at Louis Vuitton after his contract ends in 2014, also credits his team's help in finalizing his new beauty line.
'In the end, I have to be the one to edit and to make the final decisions, but it’s not something I can do alone,' he admitted.
'I need to do that with, like, the trust and the creative input of other people — I am able to kind of find what it is I really like through the dialogues and the suggestions and what other people bring.'
Sophia Coppola is one star who has already taken the products for a test drive; The Bling Ring director wore only Marc Jacobs Beauty to last month's Met Gala.
'I like the idea of transforming oneself, making and modeling yourself to what you feel like being, whether that’s once a day, three times a day, seven times a week, whatever it is,' he said.
'I like the transformative qualities of fashion and fashion to me is not just clothing, it’s handbags, it’s shoes, it’s clothes, it’s hair, it’s makeup, it’s fragrance, it’s the whole ritual of making those choices, of enjoying the ritual, of making the choices that will tell the world who you want to be that day.'

 Witty: The names of the products are as provocative as the designer himself; Shameless is a blush inspired by Mr Jacobs' tattoo, and Lovemarc is a gel lipstick available in 16 shades - all named after his favorite movies


 Effortlessly cool: Most importantly, the designer wants his line to be unfussy and low-maintenance - helping girls to feel confident without perfection


                                                   
 Bold lips: The new Marc Jacobs Beauty line, moderately priced between $24 for a lip balm and $59 for a seven-color eye shadow palette, will debut on August 9th at Sephora and select Marc Jacobs stores


Something for everyone: The line includes four categories, including Smart Complexion, Blacquer, Hi-Per Color, and Boy Tested, Girl Approved



For this reason, the thought of creating neutral shades for his beauty line was unappealing and 'boring,' he said.
'We spent a lot of time developing materials and choosing the colors,' he said of the bright color palettes. 'They tell a story and that story is based on a spirit. I chose different types of characters, such as an ingénue.'
Most importantly, the designer wants his line to be unfussy and low-maintenance - helping girls to feel confident without perfection.
'I believe in individuality, and what I think comes across as most stylish and modern is a kind of irreverence and a sort of self-confidence,' said Mr Jacobs. 
'I don’t find beauty in perfection, meaning Photoshop and airbrush. That doesn’t appeal to me. I like a gap between the teeth, I like mascara that does run a little bit or makeup that’s smudged. I like a bit of imperfection — I find it just more interesting.'

Are you ready ??






No comments:

Post a Comment